Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Slower Than Christmas Awards Post

We're back from our mini-vacation, and it was wonderful. And the Baboos had a good time with Favorite Babysitter, and Favorite Babysitter had fun with the Baboos. Yay! And there were no Potty Accidents OR Potty On-Purposes. Yay! Yay! Yay!

I am sad to say that there is a cascade (ew, sorry) of Bark Awards this week, animal and human divisions. kathy a.'s cat, Sue's little kitty, and Liz's poor carsick son (he and you both have my carsick sympathies. And the wet leaves--I'm in awe). And Sue, unfortunately still winning Bark Awards--quick healing vibes to you.

Liz receives the Old Skool Award for the AWOL walking partner.

Sue gets the Mullet this week, just because I have said the same thing myself, and this cracked me up: I'm thinking of going into the kitchen here at the church to make coffee, but I don't know how to use the machine. (Some things are just better NOT to know, trust me). Yep. I've only ever been asked to make coffee once per church.

Days is heading up the Cluestick Posse this week, because this woman has some very wise perspective. Grumpy relatives, Sue's headache/nausea, difficult husbands, hormone balls, children who voluntarily wake up to play video games: You are on notice. And Days, hopefully wielding cluesticks will give you some much needed energy, post-crash.

kathy a., I'm not sure if your sister-in-law needs a cluestick or what. But peaceful thoughts to you and all who are dealing with her.

Many hugs and sympathetic shoulders to Sarah at ratatat and to ThanksgivingAnon.

Rejoicing for stable disease, partners who decorate for Christmas, afternoons off, insurance companies who cover necessary procedures, house elves, and COOKIES!!



2 comments:

kathy a. said...

yay for your great overnight escape, esperanza! and thanks for the lovely awards!

no, cluesticking won't work with SIL, but peaceful thoughts are all to the good.

Sue said...

I'm glad everything worked out for your escape esperanza.
Excellent awards as always. Have a good week everyone!