Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Awards! Brought to you by the number 325.


By my calculations, yesterday marked the start of my three-hundred-and-twenty-fifth period. To celebrate, I am adding a bottle of extra-strength motrin to every prize!!
Sarah at Ratatat wins "Most Heart-breaking" with the words "Anti-whine: she promises to try to keep my ovaries". Sarah, we are all thinking of you and so grateful that your girl is growing well and hoping that you get to keep all your girly bits intact and healthy. Love, love, love.
The "Happy Fireplacing Birthday" award goes to Kathy A., who also wins the style award for her haiku:

son's new bike, early

birthday present, was stolen

birthday is 6/5.

The "Timing is Everything" award goes to Diane. Two-person department! Two due dates! One! Day! Apart! Woo!

This week's "Elevated Risk of Mullet" goes to....Kathy A! for "There is significant local pressure for me to clean the fireplacing litter boxes again, already, as if I hadn't done that in the last 24 hours, too." I'm not sure, but I think this may be the first week that Style and EROM went to the same person for two different whines.

Debangel is, I think, worthy of a new award: the "Yes, my dear, you win" award for most worthy whines in a single paragraph. I'm so sorry, Debangel, about everything.

KLee, I know you are going to slay them! Congratulations on your opening night!

Hugs to margalit.

And congratulations to Esperanza's Baboo who does NOT have the horrible disease!!! May she now remember how to sleep through the night. Sending also patience to Baboo's daddy. Rome was not built in a day.

Hugs and air freshener to Amy and Amy's mom.

And...that's all for this week. Tune in next week when your hostess with the mostest will be the lovely and talented Miranda!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh! I forgot to Wednesday Whine! (That artist that does the faux 50s-esque comics of glamorous women who say things like "Damn! I forgot to have children!" should do one for this)

Hugs and motrin for everyone!!!

KLee said...

Great awards, and thanks for the encouragement! I'll sure need it, since I am not the most coordinated individual I know, and the fool choreographer actually expects me NOT to look like a nimrod when I dance.

Uccellina said...

Belated sympathies to Debangel and everyone else.

debangel said...

Thank you, Liz and pixies, both for the sympathy and the venue to vent. Also, for my extra-cool prize! It gives me some small comfort to be able to put the "suck" in "succinct".

kathy a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathy a. said...

lovely ceremony, liz!

[i'm kind of embarassed to be racking up prizes for the fireplacing litterboxes, though.]

Liz Miller said...

Debangel, I think that you have just named a new award!

esperanza said...

Um. The patience request was actually for me, not for the Baboo's daddy. Maybe he'll share.

Liz Miller said...

Oh. Misunderstood you there. Sorry. I thought you were saying that he was frustrated and not wanting to go to the next one.

Sending patience your way too.

esperanza said...

No worries. Who couldn't use some patience, right?

purple_kangaroo said...

Hugs to all . . . sorry I missed the whines and voting, but Liz did a great job hostessing and prize-awarding.