Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Rule of Wednesday Whining: Never Apologize for Whining at Wednesday Whining.


Listen up, folks. I'm here to give it to you plain and simple. This is a place for dumping our grievances, be they small, large, funny, sad, overwhelming, petty, or overwhelmingly petty.

You got a sadness? Bring it here. You got an annoyance? Bring it here. You got a funny potty training story? Bring it here.

That is what this site was started for and that's what we have kept doing week after week for over four years.

Now, that said, I am sending out the Cluestick Posse to give a cluesticking upside the head of Sue's bossy older sister. Sue, we have all been in these battles with various loved ones in our lives, and we all have your back.

Semicolons for Everybody! Award to Esperanza.

Esperanza also gets the Sometimes Short Anti-whines Speak Volumes for: "AW: Looks like I'll get to go fetch [the glasses] *by myself* on Thursday." And a (sorry, not real) gift certificate for one of these, for the diaper bag.

Jen R wins Elevated Risk of Mullet this week for: "I left too late for breakfast this morning and drove past my drive-thru options (star$$ and mc-golden-arches). The granola bar and candy I had at my desk have left me tired, crabby, and feeling a bit ill. Lesson for me: when pregnant, eat decent breakfast."

Kathy A. wins Style this week with her haiku to Jen R.:
"breakfast, glorious
breakfast; yummers in the tum
make it all better. "

Hugs to Jen R, for having 24 days left of pregnancy (but only 10 work days!), and sending condo-selling thoughts. Hugs also to Kathy A's son, and to his friend's family. Hoping Sue's husband's sore is all better. Esperanza, I hope your day out getting the glasses was all you hoped it would be.

That's it for this week!

7 comments:

kathy a. said...

lovely ceremony, liz! thank you!

Sue said...

Thanks Liz.

esperanza said...

Thank you! If only there were a portable cushie tushie. That would really add to my ensemble, strolling down the sidewalk with a potty seat!

kathy a. said...

esperanza, you are cracking me up! i always felt like a pack mule during the long years of lugging kids + accessories. and like a half-baked wizard, trying to conjure up solutions when the unexpected reliably appeared. so i think you should add a hat and wand to the ensemble. ;)

sue, i'm volunteering for extra cluesticking. what, you think i have lingering issues from my own life? um, so what.

esperanza said...

Hat and wand are too hot, sorry. And I'm glad y'all think my potty training stories are funny. I guess they are, from a distance.

I am currently glueing our potty seat together in the back yard. Glamorous life that I have.

Sue said...

Extra cluesticking more than welcome kathy a! These are tough, tough family dynamics. You know it my friend.....

esperanza said...

Pixies, I may be incomunicado next week. Going on "vacation" first with my brother and family and then to the g'parents' house. Don't know if I'll get on teh interwebs or not.

I read someone's blog this week that suggested vacationing with baboos is just as much work as regular life, just with a nicer view.