Thursday, October 21, 2010
Sparkly Powder for Everyone!
And chocolate! What a week, eh?
Old Skool Award to Sarah, desperately seeking an excuse to miss the "opportunity" to visit recess immediately following her classroom volunteer stint.
Elevated Risk of Mullet Award to Esperanza, who inquired whether happy-looking mothers shopping at the mall were on drugs, and if so, where could she get some? And also, in relation to another issue, for "Good thing God loves them, because they sure make it hard for the rest of us."
Review of the Week Award to Liz, who is appalled, appalled I tell you, by Glee's interpretation of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Immunity Booster Medals to all suffering from family illnesses this week, including Amy and Madeleine.
Itchy and Scratchy Award to PK; as further proof that no good deed goes unpunished, her generous offer to care for the pets of friends turned out to involve a massive flea infestation. Ack!
Million Errand Mom Award to Esperanza, who is struggling to find the entertainment value in dragging the Baboos hither and yon.
Queen of the Costumes Award to Days, whose children shall not want when the big holiday arrives. We're glad you're feeling better!
Perils of Social Media Award to Frustrated on Facebook, whose mother's ex, a person who abandoned his son and broke the son's heart, is trying to worm his way into favor with people who knew the son while he was alive. Awful. Many hugs, FoF.
Workplace Warrior Awards go to quite a few brave Pixies this week:
* Emily, whose student teaching plus class plus the usual at home is running her ragged.
* Sue, who has had it up to HERE with the board ignoring the need for accessibility. In the welcoming church. Despite the fact that many members, including Sue's own husband, require accessibility. The Cluestick Posse is saddled up. And oh, Sue -- three funerals in one week, so much sadness....
* Madeleine, juggling 4 overdue documents and 4 meetings with one sick little girl.
* Miranda, whose boss has to sign off on something but he never seems to make time for that project. The Posse shall visit him, too.
* Liz, who is also floating a resume, and whose boss' abusive behavior has now come to the attention of HR. Cluesticks en route.
* Jenevieve, who is working constantly, and did not even get backup for a terrible situation with a dangerous animal. Yet another stop for the Posse.
Thanks for playing! See you next week!