Old Skool Awards first: The Birthday Letdown Award goes to tiruncula who wants her other dollar. We're taking up a collection for you!
The It's Too Darn Hot Award goes to Scrivener (no AC and over a week of over 100 degrees! Oy!), to devilmacdawg (pregnant! In Texas!), and to camera obscura (who's also having to deal with Too Much Laundry and Not Enough Appliances).
The Waiting is the Hardest Part Award goes to queen of west procrastination who's waiting for her Exciting! New! Computer! to arrive from its sojourn in the States.
The coveted Style Award goes to:
- kathy a., who's also in the running for Elevated Risk of Mullet for "Somewhere over the rainbow/cats won't poop/in the bathtub where/it is hard to scoop"
- YT for her Whiney Ode to Kids Who Leave For College ("Two! Two College kids this year!")
- and lastly to Turtlebella who sings about her mother and Ex? Step-father.
And now to the Elevated Risk of Mullet:
- First Runner-up goes to....uccellina who is so graceful as she "does the dance of morning sickness"
- And the winner is...debangel!!! With the immortal words:
"if I give you a dollar, will you promise to at least think about changing it
into pennies and administering it to Gramma Scrooge in suppository form?"
Hugs and lots of sympathy to ccw for in-law woes (hooray for finding your BIL's mom!); to k and her childcare provider - thank goodness no one was hurt; to margalit for her son who's having a manic episode and who also has to deal with idiots; to KLee for her roof and the pending city inspection thereof; and to sue and her friend who is being stalked by a scary ex-husband (http://www.blogger.com/www.endabuse.org).
And that concludes this portion of our awards broadcast. Tune in next week when our host will be Sheila (S.)!