Here is where the Texas comes out in me: it has been gray, cold, and rainy for FOUR days in a row. Where is my sunshine? It has not been above 42 in FOUR days. I cannot survive under these conditions.
We canceled our plan to leave yesterday afternoon due to predicted icy weather near the grandparents' house and near Sweet's doctors' appointments this morning. Said icy weather did not materialize. Our weather people are notorious for getting all excited about potential wintry weather.
So now we are at home and have rescheduled the doctors' appointments for a less-convenient time.
Possible antiwhines in the whole mess:
* not driving in this nastiness
* less stressful Sunday (I was preaching yesterday, so we couldn't leave till after church)
* I got to attend an ordination service I wanted to go to
* we are keeping Sweet's nasty snotty cold germs to ourselves for one more day
* she is not at her best, so likely would not have been cooperative with the appointments anyway (and this is one time we really need her to be cooperative).
Leaving tomorrow morning for Thanksgiving festivities and germ swapping.
P.S. Due to aforementioned festivities and germ swapping, the awards show may be delayed/canceled. You can whine about that if you want.