I realized this weekend that I had accidentally signed up to host this week. My subconscious must be really bent on further honing my already considerable procrastination skills. Oh, well.
This seems like a good week to focus on the little stuff: those stupid whines of no major consequence. (Other whines and antiwhines welcome, of course!)
1. Bit the bullet and got a new laptop weighing less than 85 lbs., since work will take me traveling about. My objective was to get in and get out with the cheapest reasonable piece of equipment. My first choice was a great price -- and not in stock. They could not sell the floor model, which will no doubt continue to attract disappointed customers. On the up side, I got something for only twice the price. Wish me luck with installing the not-included wordprocessing software.
2. AW: The snakes at the f@rm sent a letter officially stating they will no longer be trying to get us to pay for damage caused by the guy who stole our car. W: They sent it by certified mail, signature required, and I didn't hear the doorbell, so I had to go stand in line at the post office. This also cost them nearly $7 instead of the cost of a stamp (as well as the time of at least 2 lawyers on their end). And people wonder why insurance premiums keep going up.
3. AW: solar eclipse yesterday!
4. The usual: Cat bark. Zits, at my age. No dish fairy.
5. Senior Diva Cat has decided that my beloved -- upon whose chest she perches first thing every morning, purring and seeking the adoration she is due -- is a grave danger to national security when he walks by my office window while doing outdoor chores. She got so busy hissing and batting at him this weekend that she fell off the window sill.
What's happening with you?