Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Awards Round Up

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...it's awards time! So round up your livestock and gather 'round the campfire to collect your loot.

There was a fierce competition for the Old Skool Award this week, what with Sue's hairstyle and kathy a.'s too-close-for-comfort diners at the breakfast meeting. But the hands down winner is emily, with her lament about the ubiquity of select-a-size paper towels and the absence of the regular kind. 'Tis a tale of woe.

Elevated Risk of Mullet Award with Theme Related Bonus to kathy a., for her description of amy's tot being "off her feed." Nothing like a horsey metaphor to lighten the mood.

Unfortunately, the cluestick posse is going to be busy this week. Git yer ponies saddled. Visits are needed to Anonymous's vetoing husband, p_k's daughter's neurologist, bad occupational therapists for the tot, circumstances that lead to the uncleaning of carpet, the losing of important emails, car brakes that need replacing, overcrowded gyms, cats who bark anyplace but the litter box, and Sue's fireplacing headache.

Hugs to all of the cluestick related pixies, plus to kathy a's cousin's daughter and family and to Days for her upcoming appointments.

Hooray for antiwhines of worship service shenanigans, new apartments, free furniture, and better-than-expected jobs.

Liz is still taking lunch ideas for her son with the sophisticated palate.

Apologies to anyone I overlooked.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Great awards esperanza!!!

Liz, does your son like sushi? I've long stopped packing skool lunches, but I've always wanted to try my hand at a bento box. Even just one.

amy said...

Oh, nicely done! I didn't even pick up on kathy's relation to the Theme until you pointed it out. Ha!

Emily said...

Thank you! I think of all the pixies every time I c-a-r-e-f-u-lllllly pull off a single paper towel:-)

(Also--I can no longer see the original post--"back in teh saddle". Just me?)

esperanza said...

hmm, emily. I'll work on that. I thought I disabled comments, but not the whole post. Thanks for the heads-up.

esperanza said...

Astonishingly, I think I fixed it.

Liz Miller said...

You did!

Sue, MM loves sushi. However, I'm anxious about sending raw fish in a lunchbox.

Perhaps I'll send lox? But I think he thinks that belongs on bagels or should be eaten sashimi-style.

I will think on it.

kathy a. said...

lovely awards! and you deserve a medal for website restoration!

Sue said...

Liz - I like the lox idea. Now I'm hungry!

kathy a. said...

i'm going to go all linkety! first for amy -- i was looking for lunch ideas, and found this link about school lunch periods: http://lunchinabox.net/2010/03/03/poll-how-long-does-your-schoolkid-have-for-lunch/

liz, that same website has loads of good ideas for bento lunches -- recipes, ideas about packing, etc.: http://lunchinabox.net/ if anyone is in need of japanese lunchbox supplies, there is an ichiban-kan about 3 minutes from my house. [a japanese everything store, with lots of the kinds of lunchbox items shown.] kathywithcats AT gmail DOT com.

also lots of ideas here, for a sushi lover: http://justbento.com/ justbento does not recommend sushi with raw fish for the lunchbox, but has tons of other ideas.

you might consider helping MM make his own [non-raw-fish] sushi! you just need sticky rice, a rolling mat, maybe some nori -- anything that isn't too liquid can go in the middle -- cucumbers, other veg, cooked meat or fish. or, onigiri [sticky rice balls, often in triangle shapes, usually with stuff in the middle].