Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Awards!!!! The At Last Edition

I apologize but this will have to be brief since I have one very upset little boy to console into slumber. He is very near the climax of Roald Dahl's BFG, a book he bought on Thursday night at the school book fair, but now he can't find it. He can't sleep without it. He has to know how it ends. This is is so unfair, Pixies. How can a book go missing when an eight year old needs to read the end?

First off, we are a pretty peaceable group so we tend to shy away from wielding anything larger than a cluestick; however, several of us have noted that there has been a very unwelcome visitor in too many of lives that requires something more, um, powerful to eradicate it from our existence. Teh Cancer, I sentence you to many, many, many brilliant scientists getting the necessary funding to discover how to turn you into a minor inconvenience in life instead of, too often, a death sentence.

Next, we are all so excited for Kathy A who is going all the way to Japan to visit her sweet, brilliant, darling, wonderful daughter. Thank you for checking in with us and letting us you know you made it across the ocean safely.

Klee, it is so hard to watch our little ones navigate more adult problems. ((KLee + KLee's Daughter). We are all ready with Cluesticks if the young man comes around to hurt your daughter again.

Madeleine, I laughed at your snack whine if only because I have done the exact same thing too many times to count while at different conferences. That is when the stupid overpriced "honor bar" becomes way too tempting. Instead, I award you a NeverEnding Chocolate Bar. Like Gobstoppers, they never end but chocolate is far tastier, yes?

Emily, I give you a lot of credit for sticking through it all. And a hearty HOORAY for organizing such a successful event with such great volunteers. A shiny gold star for you!

Sue, I am so sorry that you are still having problems with headaches and you have a less than stellar doc to go with it. A highlighter for you so that you can ever so helpfully highlight the parts of your file that you need to keep him focused on for the next visit. And a neverending supply of your rescue meds.

Diane, glad you are back and that your employer allowed access to WW once more. But a big cluestick at the ready for blocking access to restaurant sites. Forget planning weekends, how on earth do you and your colleagues plan lunch? One of those big city coupon books with coupons to all the best restaurants in town for you.

Esperanza, many hugs for the unbloggable/unwhinable whines in your life.

Neighbor Lady, I award you a big giant hairdryer to help dry out your basement and your belongings faster. Hope this week goes by more smoothly and that the person can fix your basement.

Jenevieve, let's all toast her new job with a pitcher of margaritas (lemonade for those who prefer it). CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Redzils, I hope the dinner with The Breaker Upper's mom was not unduly awkward. I saw that several pixies offered up several Get Out of Jail emergency phone calls. I hope you didn't need to use any of them.

Need to go NOW so I will say Sarah at Ratatat, enjoy your highlights and maybe see if your stylist can do a less expensive version next time. Mine does this thing with very strategically placed foils so it looks like I have way more highlights than I actually have and makes a scootch more affordable. P_k, I applaud the way you fight for your kids.

Well, this has to be a wrap for this week. Please join us very soon as the witty Redzils takes the helm of the Whiner Brigadoon. Thank you for your patience. And I found out that I can read WW on my crappy crackberry even if it won't let me post. Huzzah!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks, Miranda--great awards!

Madeleine said...

Oh, Miranda, I can imagine a similar scene at my house if a book in progress went missing. I hope you found it!

Thanks for the neverending chocolate. I'll be sure to pack it as I head out of town again tomorrow!

Liz Miller said...

Terrific awards!

kathy a. said...

lovely awards, miranda!

purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Miranda. Thanks for hosting and for the lovely awards ceremony.