Thursday, September 13, 2007
Hugs and chocolate to everyone this week! Double helpings for Mrs. Coulter, Debangel, Purple Kangaroo, Amy, Diane, Scrivener, Camera Obscura, Mykal, Margalit, Sara. Cluesticks to all in need.
We're all doing the happy dance for Jeni, whose beautiful son Hosea has arrived!
Condolances to YT and her Gigi, and to That Mommy. Our thoughts are with you.
Old School Awards to:
* Kabbage, who whines that she saw her first Christmas ornaments before labor day, and got the first catalogs already.
* Scrivener, whose temporary crown was felled by that old nemesis, chewing gum, AND whose wife responded to his hard-won new buffness by observing that his pants don't fit.
* Queen of West Procrastination: "Curse you, large plate of spicy fries that I ate yesterday!"
In the Style category, kudos to Sue, for her fireplacingly elegant prose submission, "Conversation with Square One."
Elevated Risk of Mullet Awards to:
* Amy, for "you can't win [the baby lottery] if you don't play."
* Sara, who did "battle with the fierce Beast Excel," only to find someone else got the same fireplacing assignment, too, and she could have skipped all that fun.
"Ain't that the truth" Award to Mrs. Coulter, for the observation, "A three year old does not provide effective commiseration."
Bad Socks, Bad! Award to Sarah, who is currently and may forever be struggling with the dreaded clothing aversion temper fits.
Special recognition for cluestick-worthiness: the boss of our own Name Under Development, who cannot trust an 11 year employee with a credit card to buy paper plates. That's a morale builder every time!
Thanks to all the pixies for playing. The brigadoon will be back next week; hope to see you!