Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Awards!

And, now -- on to the (mostly) late awards!  Sorry that it took me so long, but I am a sloth, and I only move in super slo-mo lately.

First, I want to say that I, and the rest of the WW community, are praying for Waylon.  Cancer is horrible enough, even without striking the young.  I dream for the day when cancer is a thing of the past.  Our thoughts are with Waylon and his family.

Sending prayers out also to kathy a's SIL, who is (hopefully) recovering from surgery.  I was also not aware that anesthesia was problematic for people with dementia.  Good to know, but I hope the hospital found some sort of plan that allowed her some semblance of comfort.  It's bad enough dealing with the dementia without pain on top of that.  Sending kathy big hugs as well for all the unbloggables/ assorted albatrossi in her life.

QWP definitely gets some sort of "Mama With Staying Power" award for the daily fight to put clothes on her little one.  I remember some grumbling and an occasional mini-meltdown, but nothing like what you describe here, QWP.  I would actually check in to see if you could televise this battle of the wills -- I mean, if WRESTLING can get good ratings, this surely could!  Plus this has the added attraction of being actually REAL, where wrestling?  Not so much.... I did enjoy all the costuming ideas, though!  (Probably what made me think of wrestling in the first place.  :)

Many hugs go out to Liz, who lost a friend to the fireplacing cancer.  There are no words.  So sorry.

Miranda and her diagnosis of IBS get a "Soothing and Gentle" award.  So sorry to hear that you are facing the challenge, and hope that you can get some food in you that won't activate any triggers, but here -- have a Mullet Award for "Can't find my sports bra, so I can't go to the gym"!  That will be my excuse from now on!

Esperanza gets the "1 + 1 + 1 + 1" whine for all her little whiny whines -- they all add up in the end, no matter how small and insignificant they might seem at the time.  We feel you, we really do.

Honorable Mentions to those who are fighting the insomnia fight; the "Blue in a Red State" feeling with friends over political/social issues; people who contribute highly inappropriate gifts to showers; the tired Tooth Fairy; companies monkeying around with their supplements; Big Brother looking over your shoulder (and infecting your computer); "cute" poop (there is no such thing!); snow; nail polish; and showers so large that you can host a party in them.

Thank you to all for participating this week!  Next week, our host will be one of our newest hosts, QWP!  Welcome to the Dark Side, and looking forward to it!  :)

2 comments:

kathy a. said...

Thank you, KLee! Lovely ceremony!

esperanza said...

Thanks for the good thoughts for Waylon. He's tolerating the treatments well so far, which is a big relief for his parents.

Beautiful awards ceremony, KLee! Thanks for hosting!