Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Awards: Election Hangover Edition

(with apologies to all Canadian pixies)

And, editor's note: I'm still having trouble with blogger and Internet Explorer. I can't leave comments for some reason. It could be entirely related to my computer, but there you have it.

Hugs and a hearty sigh of relief to Liz, for surviving a car accident relatively unscathed, and to JenR, for getting a negative on the test one most heartily wants that result.

Old Skool to kathya, for the ever-popular "but I don't have anything to wear" whine, especially good for deflecting the real angst: the dreaded family thing.

And we have a tie for Elevated Risk of Mullett: Sue, for her prediction, "this geiser of a head is going to lose brain matter" (unfortunately, this prediction seems to have come true), and to Flutterbye, for her thankfulness that her "spouse is stepping up and taking responsibility for his own pet product." May it last, Flutterbye.

Madeleine gets a "Tedium is So Much More Fun the Second Time Around" Award for her work woes.

Interview Schminterview Awards to Amy and Sarah R. Knock their socks off, pixies!

A shudder of sympathy and my future life flashing before my eyes for Amy, who had to help with a (additional shudder) craft project while simultaneously corraling a loose toddler.

New Car Shopping Vibes to Liz and to Miranda. Let us know what you choose.

Blessings to all whiny pixies this week. Stay tuned for next week, as we inch ever closer to the holiday whining season!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited to add: Hostess with the Mostest Award to Esperanza, who presided over a very busy week here at Whining Central. ~k.a.

10 comments:

Mirinde said...

Lovely ceremony. One of my keys is stuck so I find myself finding words to express myself which do not involve the letter over the z.

Did you try Google Chrome? It works for some of our issues here.

Like my slightly different moniker up there?

kathy a. said...

wonderful ceremony, esperanza!

best with the keyboard issues, miranda!

Sue said...

Yay esperanza for a wonderful awards show!!! This was an especially busy whiny week here in pixie land.

Keep on healing up Liz!

Happy interviews Amy and Sarah R!!

kathy a. - I meant to offer condolences earlier on the Old Skool clothing whine. Not for the clothing part as much as the attached "dreaded family thing." We went through the DFT when my niece was visiting. She went for the family thing while I stayed home with hubby. We had to talk her down off the emotional ledge when she returned.

I hope you have someone to debrief with after....it always helps.

kathy a. said...

one of my sisters is fully informed of the dread, and is driving me to and from. also, she is a mama bear and her son will be there for most of it, so we hope that keeps the acting out to a minimum. plus, we have been working on stuff with which to change the topic.

"be prepared" = the dysfunctional family motto. ;)

esperanza said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks, everyone, and thanks for the hostess award, kathy a.

It appears that my Internet Explorer issue has fixed itself. Huh.

Miranda said...

Oh, and I drove home my shiny new (to me) Kia Rondo last night. Liz's review of her Kia was a contributing factor.

Can I take you all sofa shopping after the holidays, too?

esperanza said...

Did your letter above the z get fixed, Miranda?

Miranda said...

I loooove the Genius Bar. They did a bunch of stuff and cleaned a bunch of stuff and put on a bunch of stuff and now everything works despite the kimchee bath the previous night. Even though I am out of warranty, they charged me bupkis.

kathy a. said...

oooh, great anti-whines, miranda!

and i have one, too. the dreaded family thing has turned out amazingly good. healing, even.

Miranda said...

I am so glad to hear it went well, Kathy. I was thinking of you in between chauffeur duties. xoxoxo