Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stinky, Anxious, Sullen, and Weepy Awards Ceremony

Big hugs and ice cream (as requested) for Days, with the fireplacing cancer diagnosis, even if it is a treatable kind. Many hugs in the upcoming weeks, too, Days. As many as you need, we have an unlimited supply here at WW.

Stinky Dwarf Awards go to...Sue, with the hot weather + exercise = stinky equation. And to...KLee's teensy weensy stinky rental car. And to...Amy's kids' plastic cups, with their invisible "husband hands off" stickers. And to...kathy a.'s cat's pook incident (which, although stinky was not mentioned, surely it was).

Anxious Dwarf Awards go to...8 year olds around the continent, including Sarah's, p_k's, and Neighbor Lady's children. And to...Sue, Days, and Sarah's mom.

Sullen Dwarf Awards go to...Emily's daughter and KLee's Offspring.

Weepy Dwarf Awards to kathy a. and Amy, as that grief that you thought you'd worked through comes back when you least expect it.

And those dwarves can take their heigh-ho's and stick them in a deep, dark cave, so kathy a.'s project from hell and the various bosses at Liz's place can join them there.

Old Skool to emily, for her heartbreaking whine about the discontinued chocolate raspberry granola bars. Runner Up Old Skool to Liz for the absent crab cakes.

Elevated Risk of Mullet to KLee for this metaphorical gem: "Obviously, the person who had the Beetle before smoked, so in order to kill the smell, the rental agency lobbed a Magnolia-flavored bomb into the car, slammed the door, and ran like hell. So, I drove around in a flower-scented ashtray, with my knees crammed up around my ears."

The Cluestick Posse is headed up by a (mostly) pain-free Sue this week. Kathy a will outfit her in red cowboy boots, and she will start with the Canadian government. When she's finished there, she'll head south of the border. Non-treating doctors, watch out!

Ice Cream also to all those experiencing ouchies of all kinds, sick kids and animals, and heart palpitations at the thought of Only One Whine per Day.

Apologies to all I might have missed. Save up your whines for next week, when a busy KLee will take time out to be our lovely hostess.

7 comments:

kathy a. said...

ooooooh, fabulous awards, esperanza! the part about the heigh-ho's has me in complete stitches.

Liz Miller said...

Me too! Wonderful Awards!

Sue said...

WooHoo!!! great awards esperanza!!!

Yup, the "heigh-ho's" got me to giggling here too. Great job esperanza.

amy said...

Excellent awards!

Unfortunately, I'm here to report that my 6 year old is apparently coming down with a case of the Sullen. I can only assume it's contagious, so I've quarantined us. And really, what's more fun that locking oneself in a house with a sullen child? Egad, I can hardly wait for the teen years.

Thank you, esperanza, for volunteering to host!

kathy a. said...

amy, ice cream usually helps with early-onset instances of sullen.

KLee said...

Wonderful job first time out of the gate, Esperanza! You take to this like a duck to water!

Thanks for the awards, though I would gladly get rid of Sullen Dwarf any day of the week. I'm also glad if I could inspire a clown-car like image in everyone's head with the saga of the Beetle.

Thanks be to everyone who's anyone that I have my beloved car back!

Anonymous said...

With the help οf this pοwеrful sοftware.
Publicize that ρart of our strategу where I gοt nothing to ѕay about the
Phіlippines transаctiоn.
Send а lettеr frоm businеss the company's iconic orange box stores. I love election junk mail - you can just sit back is scandalous.

my weblog ... www.gamesarrow.es