Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Awards! I shouldn't have worn my flannel-lined jeans to the parade edition

Started out as a good idea, but was soon soaked in leg sweat. Ewww. However, our float ROCKED and our crew was both much larger and more enthusiastic than the incumbant's. I ran around doing my DQ schtick and MM smiled and waved.


On to the awards!
Jenevieve gets a special award all her own for dispensing long-distance veterinary advice as needed. Vednesday Vet? YOU ROCK.

Esperanza wins a case of DEET for her Sweet Baboo's adventures in Mosquito Land.

Madeleine wins the Kanye West Award for having to listen to a "mushy pop love song on eternal repeat"

Elizabeth wins the How Do You Spell Relief? L-I-V-E-R-T-R-A-N-S-P-L-A-N-T Award. We're so glad that your mom is recovering!

The Cluestick Posse is being sent out to Purple_Kangaroo's daughter's therapist who has had a massive case of Epic Fail. Also, P_K's dog was sick and is now on the mend, see Jenevieve's award, above. Also her church and her family are totally inspiring.

Sending love and supportive thoughts to Sue's sister.

Sending earplugs to the many of you who host band practice. You are better spouses and parents than I am.

Sending resounding cheers to KLee for her aunt's recovery! YAY!

Best Anti-whine Award goes to Esperanza:
"Antiwhine from me today: Went outside to find sprinkler that was not working, water gushing across driveway. Antiwhine? Yes. Because Sweet Baboo said, "ater! ater! and tromped through it leaving sweet little footprints across the driveway." Two things she couldn't do six weeks ago. I am so thankful for her recent progress. And her birthday is tomorrow!"
Sending a case of Elmer's Glue-All to DebAngel (who brings the bodily fluids this week) to fasten her butt to the couch. Listen up, still gestating baby! YOU STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE FOR ANOTHER TWELVE WEEKS! You hear? And Deb, no more bodily fluids until 38 weeks, okay?

Amy, buy the food and don't feel guilty.

P_K's NLASS gets the Elevated Risk of Mullet this week for mishearing "This is (Name), (Baby Name)'s dad". Wow.

Hugs for those with financial, familial, professional, and other woes. KLee, hugs for your co-worker. Margalit, thinking of your family.

That's it. See you all next week! And Oh! BTW! We had more postings this week than any since the first week we went up here (h/t Kathy A.)! Mwah!!!

6 comments:

kathy a. said...

lovely ceremony, liz! best to you and the campaign these next weeks.

Sue said...

Yay Liz!!!! I wish I could have seen the parade! I know you rocked it out.

Amy said...

bought the food, didn't feel guilty, had a *great* party with my baby boy. thanks, pixies!

kathy a. said...

woot! happy birthday, tater!

Madeleine said...

Hooray for birthday parties and parades!

Liz, you nailed the source of my angst. Thanks.

purple_kangaroo said...

Yay, Liz and Amy!

Pup is doing great, even eating her normal diet again now.

Our church service was so great this morning, as we finished out the beans and rice project. Literally hundreds of people participated--probably most of the people in the church.

DH wants to go with the team to Nicaragua to help drill the wells we raised money for this week, hopefully taking our oldest (AJ, who is 8) along too. I'd love it if we could all go, but that's probably not practical at this time.

The sweet man offered to let me go, but I think he would be of more help to the team than I would. (I speak more Spanish, but he has more muscle.) Sad, but hopefully we can do another mission trip with the whole family in a few years.