Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Awards!!! There's No Place Like Home Edition

Thank you all for your support, commiseration, and friendship. You truly made it easier for me to be where I was. Bulleted list of phrases that helped me to (literally!) retain my shit:
  • Cell phone died. It was 6 years old, which probably makes it a museum piece.
  • Further Baboo Whine: snot and attendant snot sucking procedures.
  • the move, the test, the snot and even the associated sucking.
  • (thank goodness, finally an anti-whine, you're all thinking).
  • ...the number of laptops in the hospital room often outnumbered the adults.
  • ...dreaded ear drops of doom.
  • ...red tape and the inescapable path of such red tape into your hands
  • ...oh, the agony of the happy wakeful child.
You kept me going. You really did.

Now for the Awards:

Esperanza (who spelled linoleum correctly) wins the Rawhide! prize for her moving woes. My one question is: if you're moving because your husband got a new posting, why is dealing with the red tape your headache and not his?

And on the "How did this get to be MY job?" front, we have Kathy A. who went from champagne glass be-ribboner to wedding coordinator overnight. Plus she's got some actual work woes that involved groveling. But! She has a plan, and if "joy, joy, joy" is any indication, this wedding is a happy occasion.

This week's Whine of Substance Award goes to KLee who has a headache of Sue proportions and lost her shit in the parking lot. KLee, I hope you lose the headaches and you are perfectly entitled to lose your shit. Sending hugs and love. And Sue, I hope that the sub-occipital trigger point therapy works again. Hooray for finding a local doc who will do it! And yay for your Physio for having your back.

Sue At Ratatat wins the Brevity Award with "Whine: children up, must run."

Elizabeth wins the "Hanging's Too Good For Him" Award. Seriously.

Madeleine wins the "A Stitch In Time Saves Nine" Award for her tragedy averted.

JenR wins the "Ain't That Always the Way?" Award for her toddler's bad timing. So glad that the ear infection is gone and much nodding and winceful rememberance of nights when MM woke just as I was going to bed.

Hugs and love to Can't Tell and family, and I echo Kathy A's sentiments on the suckiness of biting your tongue on your blog.

That's all I've got in me today folks. Tune in next week when our host will be Madeleine!

18 comments:

esperanza said...

Liz, your one question is a damn good one.

Liz Miller said...

It needed to be asked.

kathy a. said...

what a ceremony! thank you!

now, get back to bed, and let those handsome guys wait on you hand and foot!

Madeleine said...

Liz, you produce excellent output. I hope you have the less excellent output under control and are getting some rest.

purple_kangaroo said...

So glad you're home. Feel better soon!

esperanza said...

I don't know if anyone will check in here or not, but the long-awaited pregnancy test was positive! We still have moving with extra hormones, but I have a feeling I'll be much happier about it.

Liz Miller said...

HOORAY!!!! Doing a happy dance for you Esperanza!

kathy a. said...

WOOT! yahoo! oh, esperanza!
xoxoxoxo

kathy a. said...

no heavy lifting for you. somebody else will need to do that. :)

Liz Miller said...

I've heard red tape is phenomenally bad for people with heightened hormones (or is that the other way 'round?) so your husband is gonna have to pick up that bad boy.

kathy a. said...

yeah, what liz said, too!

liz is in charge of the cluestick posse, so everybody'd better get in line. pronto!

esperanza said...

Yall are so funny. I already made him call the movers this afternoon. Hormones and redtape just do not mix. I think that's a good policy statement. He is dutifully packing in the other room while I am lounging about in a delicate condition.

And I'm sure I don't need to say this, but if you are my fb friend, keep this quiet, eh? We're not exactly broadcasting it at this point.

Liz Miller said...

The posse is taking a break this week due to my illness. I just didn't have it in me to smack anyone upside the head with a cluestick.

And, Esperanza, of course we'll keep quiet on FB about this. What's said at WW stays at WW.

kathy a. said...

amen.

and liz, apologies. you go get some rest, sister. xoxo

kathy a. said...

Esperanza, you also have one for the WW hall of fame, for "Hormones and redtape just do not mix. I think that's a good policy statement."

Madeleine said...

Hai!

I'm late but very, very happy to hear the news.

Growing a new person is a whole lot of work. No moving chores for you!

kathy a. said...

Pixies -- if you or anyone you love ever plans a wedding, please do not designate a fave cousin to be the supreme ruler of the wedding universe only 5 days in advance. Thx!

It's all still fun and everything, and I'm sure we will work out the glitches like where to put the buffet table and seat the honored elder family members. TOMORROW MORNING.

On the up side, one of the bridesmaids just called because he rides a motorcycle, and was wondering if I can take his tux up to the venue tomorrow. :)

love, cousin kathy

Sue said...

Tuning in late after an Uber-Whineable Miserable Church Meeting Weekend......Sweet Baby Jesus in Pampers, what the h*ll is wrong with this church anyway????

Meeting? STOOPID.

More next week.

On a lighter note: YAY ESPERANZA!!!!