Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Headline News: AWARDS!



Top Story: Welcome to the world, Mini-Baboo! Congratulations and much love to Esperanza, Mr. E, and Sweet Baboo!

In related news, Esperanza wins the Remembering What It's All About Award, reporting that Mini-Baboo is a champion breastfeeder already! Ouch.

Old Skool Award to Madeleine, whose trip featured a musty hotel room. Ah, the aroma of sogginess in the air!

Creeping Winter Yucks Award to JenR, who complains: "I think my whole family is getting sick, and the little guy is getting teeth, too. We are a crabby bunch." Oy. Wish y'all speedy recoveries.

Stylin' Humor Award to Liz, who shared some of her favorite iPad jokes! (Really, who thought that was a good product name? I understand how they ended up with it, but...)

Fireplace It Award to Sue, whose challenging week was capped by yet another meeting, in -30 weather. Or the headache. Or the funeral. Or the zombies! Or all of the above. We prescribe kittehs and nappage.

Succinct Award to Days, who complains: "Bone-deep weariness. Frustrated with the Fates."

Perils of Parenting Award to Neighbor Lady, whose son's young guest not only mooned him during a playdate (yeah, those little talks about rules of the house are a joy, no?), but the boy also turned up with lice. LICE! We're all scratching in solidarity. ~shudder~

Footsie Awards to Elizabeth, who has blisters, and to Sarah, who has warts.

Lemonade Out of Lemons Award to Elizabeth for her "Antiwhine: good excuse for saying 'talk to your father about it' when my son started to tell me that I might want to do some laundry." Excellent delegation!

True Story Award, Taxi Division, goes to one of our intrepid travelers, Madeleine: "On the list of Things You Don't Want to Hear From Your Taxi Driver: 'So I was home all day yesterday with this bad cold. I'm OK today. I took some Dayquil. And I didn't have a cough but I took some cough medicine anyway. And I guess there is something in that that makes you sleepy.'"

Exposed Award to Liz, whose formerly anonymous blogging is no longer so.

Many hugs to Amy, whose daughter is having a rough time after the loss of Grandma's dog.

Best to all as we forge ahead through the coming week!

2 comments:

Madeleine said...

Thank you, kathy. Newsworthy awards!

Sue said...

Thank you again kathy for awesome awardship!!