Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Bare Bones Awards

Whines of Substance Award to Madeleine, for the asbestos needing removing in her basement; Sue for teh headache; and to purple_kangaroo and her community, for their losses. P_K, we’ll be holding your family and theirs in the light.

Old Skool Award to kathy a and Sue for cat poop, again. We should send the award to the cats themselves, fo r keeping us real.

Pixie cheers for kids-out-of splints, daughters taking good advice, successful anti-hate rallies, good community, Klee’s whine-less week, clean houses, Sue’s dad, Amy successfully blogging the lost (and finding the tickets!), successful events with Governors and evening purses, research assistants (um, yeah!), and a successful peek at the Mini-Baboo.

Pixie boos for cramps, lost stuff, lack of energy, feeling sick, pants without pockets, job fairs that feature mostly insurance salespeople and investment salespeople, and kids who need your company just when you could use a break from theirs,

The Cluestick Posse will be paying a visit to Sue’s moody doctor this week. Dude, we get that your life isn’t all sunshine and roses, but it’s time to *stop taking it out on your patients.*

I personally want Madeleine’s Fashion Fairies to pay me a visit too.

And, finally, the "I am Full of Good Ideas" award, to all the Pixies, and particularly Liz, who suggested places Amy’s tickets could be hiding.

The awards are a little bare bones this week, but I have to drive seven hours to the town where I went to college and run a marathon. See you next week!

8 comments:

Liz Miller said...

Sending you endurance-type thoughts for the marathon!

kathy a. said...

go, redzils!

my cats gratefully accept the award, and promise to keep up the good work. after naptime.

Madeleine said...

Run, redzils, run!

Sue said...

Good luck in the marathon redzils!!! How exciting! Next week you can Anti-whine about your time and whine about your blisters (if you have any - but here's hoping you dont).

Sarah at ratatat said...

Go Redzils!

esperanza said...

Run, Dr R, run! Good luck. I can't even imagine thinking about thinking about doing such a thing. I'm impressed.

purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks for a great job hosting and best wishes for the run, Redzils.

I just got back from my friend's memorial service and I'm so glad I got to go. It was a lovely service and people shared some great memories of her. Her family thanked me for being there, too.

kathy a. said...

((( PK )))

and yay, redzils, for finishing the marathon!!