Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wonderful Whining! Great Music!

kathy a. made me laugh, suggesting that my “gerbillion stress points . . . really ought to be redeemable in frequent flyer miles and/or major gift cards.” I do agree, especially since those frequent flier miles would come in handy: it looks like the boyfriend and I have both got great jobs for this next year. . . four thousand miles apart.

We are sending sympathy and chocolate to everyone dealing with pixie kid homesickness, and not-home sickness, prunes in disguise, fruit flies, sore backs, hormones unleashed, packing, and dealing with annoying office staff.

It’s good to hear about the kid’s hanging out for Easter, the Mom’s Weekend coming up, great haircuts, internet breaks when you want them (but not when you don’t), holiday work being over, and vacations (particularly in places with massaging waterfalls).

We would like to award kathy a., KLee, sue, and all the pixies, “a diet of LOLcats and shoulder massages.” kathy a., hurray that your follow up resulted in good news and a new medicine.

sue, we hope you are having a great trip! Enjoy the sunshine – you deserve it after the HOLY MONTH AND HALF marathon of last week.

esperanza wins the coveted Technical Goddess Award this week for fixing the router (and knowing when to ask for directions. This is an important skill).

Sarah at Ratatat gets the "Tantrums That Bloom in the Spring, tra-la" Award.

Uccellina gets four, four, FOUR Bodily Fluids Awards this week, for her 21 puke score across her four stomachs. May this plague pass soon.

Madeleine, we are so glad to hear Snuggly Girl wasn’t flattened by the best friend bug. And what a nice anti-whine, to counter your Yet Again Wet Basement whine. We hope those boxes really are magic!

Genevieve gets the Family (No) Fun Award, for having to juggle family harmony and a migraine, all at the same time. Thank goodness for the Husband Buffer!And, congrats on the kiddo’s theater award! I love the mental picture of him in the tux!

And, last but certainly not least, this week’s Style Award Trio goes to kathy a., liz, and Genevieve. They whine, they sing, they are amazing!

Sing along, Pixies:

Chorus:
Down, dooby do, down down, comma comma
Down, dooby do, down down
Whining well is hard to-oooo do.

Lyrics:
Don't take your whines away from me
Don't let me whine alone in misery
Slip in the angst, I know it’s true
'Cause whining well is hard to do.

Why let your whine just slip away?
We can all use it on another day
Life’s so funny, so why be blue?
Whining’s not so hard to do!
------------------------
They say that whining's not hard to do
Well now I know, I know that it's true
Come lay your whines on me my friend
Don't be groaning moaning all alone,
you can laugh and whine to me instead.
------------------------
I beg of you
tell me of treatment shoddy,basements wet, and fluids of the body,
and don't forget what it's all about,
engorgement that will make you shout.

8 comments:

Liz Miller said...

Redzils, you get this is the Damn We Live In A Big Country award.

Four. THOUSAND. MILES????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Madeleine said...

Yow, that tops the spread my brother and SIL managed for a while: Miami to Ithaca.

The sole benefit, which I hope is a minor comfort to you, is that one place has pleasant weather in December while the other has pleasant weather in August.

Congrats on the two great jobs, though!

And thanks for the fabulous technicolor awards!

kathy a. said...

lovely awards!

i second liz's award to you, dr. redzils.

my beloved and i were bicoastal for a year, and bicontinental for a good while, too. bicoastal works better! best on teh packing and moving and everything!!

Genevieve said...

Thank you for the awesome awards ceremony, dr. redzils, and you definitely get Liz's award.

The husband and I were bicontinental for a while early in our relationship - it was before Skype, IM, texting, or commonly-used email (I'm old), and the husband was terrible at writing letters. Nowadays it would've gone much better. But here's hoping one of you moves closer to the other before too long! And that your cell service regards phone calls between Alaska and D.C. the same as any other within-the-U.S. calls! (and if it's you coming to our Nation's Capital, talk to me and Liz).

KLee said...

Great awards, Dr. R!

esperanza said...

Very entertaining awards ceremony, Dr. R.

"Technological" does not ordinarily describe me, so I am playing it for all it's worth! Thanks for the award.

esperanza said...

Very entertaining awards ceremony, Dr. R.

"Technological" does not ordinarily describe me, so I am playing it for all it's worth! Thanks for the award.