Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Awards: Welcome to the world, little pixie! Edition

Welcome to the world, Baby Olivia! Hearty pixie congratulations to Diane, and her perfectly sized baby. I suppose dad can have our warm wishes too, but we are keeping the cluesticks at the ready in case he doesn’t quickly realize that babies are to supposed to spit up.

Amy gets the Haz Mat Sunshades Award for the four-year-old with pink-eye. (My eyes water just typing that!)

The Bodily Fluids Awards this week go to Madeleine, whose “nose is a faucet and my throat is a river and and and…” and Diane for “the leaking” with a horrified honorable mention to Liz for 'It is now nearly 6 years since I stopped pumping and I still have leakage.'

We are awarding an Invisibility Cloak to esperanza’s inner introvert, who is quaking at the thought of twelve family members on their way for the Sweet Baboo’s birthday and baptism.
Sweet Baboo gets the Big Girl Now award, for cutting her mom a break in the anti-whines department where “the word "oxygen" has not appeared in [her] whine for two weeks in a row.”

I wish I didn’t also have to award esperanza the Buzzing of Doom award, for yellow jackets in her walls, and the Hostess with the Mostest (Headaches) award for the broken dishwasher and guest who wants to help by creating more work.

Could we send KLee’s difficult child a straight-jacket, or does that violate school policy? Maybe just an anvil from the sky?

Miranda’s early entries were worth of awards (work travel! Co-parenting! Lunch with a loved one at kids’ schools), but have been totally surpassed by her need for the Pit of Despair Cloud award, in honor of “possible orthopedic surgery.” Ow.

kathy a., we hope you are enjoying your vacation.

We hope the drop-off remains smooth and daycare gets easier for JenR’s little one, and that the babe a) feels better soon and b) sleeps through the night again in the near future. Mommies like that sleeping thing…

Sue gets the Whine of Substance award this week, for having her book deal yanked out from under her. We are sending love, Sue.

And, finally, kathy a. gets the Style Award for putting into words what we all wanted to say to Sue: “ that suckity suck sucks about the book. big time.”

Thanks for sharing, Pixies! See you next week!

9 comments:

kathy a. said...

lovely ceremony, redzils!

style! y'all wouldn't say that if you saw me after 10.5 hours of travel, but i'm deeply honored. and i did have an excellent trip!

esperanza said...

Too many awards for me this week, methinks. I will try to cut down on the whining next week, but I'm likely to amass some more this weekend.

Courtney said...

Whine: I spent all day thinking it was Wednesday, and when I came here to whine, I discover it's Thursday. I guess I'll save up for next week.

Sue said...

Great awards redzils. Thanks everyone for all the pixie love. It helps.

Liz Miller said...

Brava Redzils! Such a lovely awards ceremony! My stained bras thank you.

Uccellina said...

Sue, something similar happened to me three years ago and I'm still upset about it. All my sympathies.

Jenevieve said...

Brilliant awards ceremony! Even though I came over on Thursday thinking it was Wednesday with a heartwrenching whine about losing my wedding ring. Boo.

KLee said...

Thanks for the award. I'm voting for the anvil. btw.

Maddy said...

Well that little list should keep me busy a while, but maybe tomorrow as I'm a wee bit tired tonight.
Cheers