Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Awards! Reporting live from my cubicle edition

Welcome to this week's editions of the Wednesday Whining Awards!

First up, The Whine of Substance Award goes to AMY who will be delivering her baby via c-section with no support.

"The worst of it is that I am the only one who thinks I
need as much help as I think I need, like someone to stay with me overnight at
the hospital or, say, someone to hang with my four year old beyond the first or
second day I'm in the hospital...Why does no one else in my life think having a
baby is hard?"

Amy, where in the world are you? The Whining Pixies stand ready to help you if we can. Also, we have a clue stick brigade armed and ready to do battle.

Next up, The Remembering What It's All About Award goes to UCCELLINA for missing dinner because she

"was trapped in the bed, tandem nursing two cranky babies who refused to stay
asleep if I moved."

Sending you one of those hats and some smoothie fixin's. (that's the plural of fixin', not the possessive)

By acclamation, The Old Skool Award goes to ESPERANZA whose husband made her a mustard sandwich.

The Fundamentals Are Basically Sound Award goes to MARGALIT, whose bra is trying to kill her.

The Telling It Like It Is Award goes to SUE for "Insurance companies are the pure embodiment of evil ".

Elevated Risk of Mullet goes to QUINN for

"As an assessment of our assessment, do we think this is working, and if
not, how can we assess that?"
Coffee. Out. My. Nose.

And the coveted Style Award goes to JENR for

"Work stinks.
People are dumb.
Day care starts next week.
And so I am crabby.
The end."

Succinct. Wise. True.

There are certain whines which we have gotten used to seeing around here which are notably absent this week. Sue's headache is MIA. And Uccellina points out that Esperanza's whine was missing the words "oxygen" and "Baboo". For both these things, the Pixies are rejoicing.

Thanks to Kathy A for mentioning my series on why I'm volunteering for Obama.

And that wraps it up for this week's WW. Tune in next week when Redzils will do the honors!

8 comments:

Uccellina said...

Seriously, Amy, where are you located? I bet we could round up some pixie helpers. E-mail me at ucc3llina@gmail.com and we'll talk about it. (I had wonderful help after babies were born, and I'm about due to pay it forward).

Madeleine said...

Liz, you make me laugh. And cry.

Also, the karma nuts of the universe will be glad to know that my smug "No whines!" post did its work, and swiftly. In the past 18 hours or so, Murphy's law has prevailed.

kathy a. said...

liz, such excellent awards!

amy, we're all in this cluestick brigade. xoxo

madeleine -- sorry about the late-breaking suckiness.

Sue said...

Excellent awards Liz. Despite a surprise uber-whine today which is largely unbloggable and pretty fireplacing devastating, I am, as mentioned - headache free. I'll take my blessings where I can find them.

Best wishes to you Amy. We're all with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for the all the love. It means a lot. Truly.

I'm in Southeast Michigan, in a somewhat rural suburb of Detroit/Ann Arbor [U of M]. It would be lovely to meet any of the Whining Pixies, for any reason, not just because I'm all about me right now. ;)

I had a Google identity, but I'm not using it here anymore since my husband manages my blog software. I don't want any click-throughs from here to reveal our secret hideout. (Then where would I go to complain about him?) So. For now, here is my email address:
amy@thetextureofthings.com

kathy a. said...

sorry about your unbloggable uber-whine, too, sue. one of those popped up for me yesterday afternoon, too. ugh. darn you, stooopid universe!

Liz Miller said...

I'm sorry about your unbloggable uber whines Sue and Kathy A.

Feel free to email to vent!

esperanza said...

It has long been my ambition to win an Old Skool award, and I am also rejoicing that mustard was all I had to complain about. There is sufficient oxygen in the air, and the Baboo is doing well.

Now on the grocery list? Mustard.