Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Awards: Winter Wildness


I’m happy to report that my state’s Emergency Budget Rodeo and Standoff cluesticked itself into finding that one last vote to avoid insolvency, after yet another all-night session.

Style Award to Liz, whose blog was outed, but she has decided to keep it just the way it is, veiled political snark and all.

Elevated Risk of Mullet Award to Sue, for her complaint about a 12 hour church meeting: "I'm pretty sure it's covered in the Geneva Convention under ‘cruel and unusual punishment’ - but alas - I am required to attend." Runner-up is Uccellina, with "I keep checking the sky for windfalls, but none appear."

Old Skool Awards to Uccellina, who is bruised and exhausted after her bambinette’s all-night meltdown, and JenR, whose baby’s face got scratched just in time for his one-year portrait.

Sarah at Ratatat brings the bodily fluids; we hope everyone stops barfing soonest!

Developmental Milestone Award to Esperanza’s Sweet Baboo, who is putting things in her mouth, as in, putting all kinds of disgusting everything in her mouth.

Burning the Candle at Both Ends Award to Miranda, who asks: "Would someone please tell my managers that I can't do multiple ‘drop everything and only do this’ major catastrophes all at the same time on the same time schedule? And still do my existing work? kthxbai."

Many thoughts for Elizabeth and her mother, who is awaiting a liver transplant.

Hugs, condolences, and soup for all the Pixies afflicted this week with, among other things: TMJ; hunger; sore throats; bereavement; insane meetings instead of visiting family; travel; icky co-workers; packing, moving, sorting things; no extra pay for the extra work; brokeness; mammos; budget cuts; exhaustion; gravel-voiced beloveds; heartburn; headache; 8-year-olds who alternately employ whininess and martyrdom in an effort to strip their parents of every last nerve; and job responsibilities cranking up.

See you again next week, when the fabulous Dr. Redzils will host!

2 comments:

Liz Miller said...

Thank you so much for my award!!!

Sue said...

Oh gosh, I'd like to thank the pixie academy, my kindergarten teacher, and of course, my hair and make-up people.

*bows*